Since this is my personal webpage, here's some random information about me!
I am optimistic about the future of human kind.
I like to think about the future and how technology and science will change the world.
A fan of science fiction and futurology, favorite authors: E. Yudkowsky, G. Egan, R. Kurzweil, K. Eric Drexler, V. Vinge
Always curious about other disciplines: astrophysics, cosmology, particle physics, space exploration, evolutionary biology.
Trying to follow the latest research so as not to be completely ignorant.
Would love one day to work on a project at the juncture of disciplines (e.g. an AI robot for space exploration).
- Random hobby: fast cars and motor racing (Formula 1, rally). I can drive too, in 2013 I won a 2nd place in a regional Red Bull Cart Fight competition!
- For my Master's thesis I designed a machine learning algorithm to predict stock prices. It worked well enough to stay profitable for a couple of months, but didn't make me a millionaire.
- In the year 2013 I started my own startup with friends, we made custom mobile applications for delivery businesses. The tech was great and we even had a couple of customers, but didn't have time to do sales. Note to self: next time hire a salesperson.
- I am most proficient with C++, C# and Python, but here's a (probably incomplete) list of programming languages I ever used to write a non-trivial program: Pascal, C, Delphi, C++, Assembler, Lua, Brainfuck, Forth, Objective-C, JS, C#, Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, F#, Bash, Prolog, TypeScript
- My favorite video games are Half-Life 2, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Team Fortress 2, Quake 3.
- I listen to all kinds of rock music, but my favorite is a Swedish band Opeth.